Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Masters & Myrtle Beach

I've been away from my blog for quite awhile now.  In fact, I thought about giving this up serveral times.  But that would be a shame, since I put several hours of work into this in the beginning.

Earlier this spring I took a much needed vacation to Myrtle Beach South Carolina for a golf trip.  Well, I should say, I thought it was a golf trip, but it turned out to be a party with a little golf mixed in.  The highlight by far was my first trip to Augusta National for the Monday practice round.  If you have never been it is most definately a golfers paradise.  Be sure to cross it off your bucket list.  That said, I'm not about to go on and on about the course and its supremacy, you have all heard that before.  I just have to mention the customer service.  Everything is top-notch from the fairness of beer and food prices, to going to the washroom, and concession.  My day at Augusta was unbelievable, a sunny 35 degrees celius day.  Couldn't have asked for more!  (I will post some pics on the photo page)

It would be an extended post that I don't have time for to go into detail on the Myrtle Beach golf portion, but I will reveal this.  We played four great tracks:

Tuesday - The Witch
Wednesday - Tide Water
Thursday - Caledonia
Friday - The Grande Dunes (Member Club)

Again, the weather was near perfect, with the exception of the Friday when it was cold and raining for the majority of our round.  Although, it did turn sunny and warm for the final part of the back nine.

I suppose in the future I will provide some feedback on these courses, and my experience.  Although, as a precursor here's my ranking for the week.

#1 Caledonia - Amazing layout, Excellent condition, love the free seafood chowder at 9
#2 The Witch - Good layout, Excellent condition, Great Value, Great Service (two pints and lunch included at the turn.  Plus bringing your own cooler was not frowned upon)
#3  Tide Water - Great course layout, Conditions were not where I expected
#4 The Grande Dunes (Member Club) - Straight forward course layout.  Nothing surprising or striking.  Conditions were Great, but members were not.  Excellent food!

So, I'm looking forward to continuing this Blog, just not sure how often I will get too it.  Too much golf to be played!

Cheers!





1 comment:

  1. Great Golf Site!

    Hello, if you are going to be in Orlando for the PGA Show, you can learn all about the Black Hawk & Black Swan Putters, with the designer, on a green near the OCCC. You will be shocked, as nearly a 1000 golfers already have been. Golf Digest named the Black Hawk Putter the #1 Golf Equipment Story of 2012.

    Also, check out the Putters in Myrtle Beach, at various locations this Spring.
    http://one-putts.com/2012/12/07/black-hawks-swans-on-the-grand-strand/

    www.one-putts.com

    ReplyDelete