Thursday, December 30, 2010

Dave Pelz - A new age Teacher


For those of you who have followed golf for the past decade or so, the name Dave Pelz may be familiar.  When you talk about revolutionary teachers, this guy is it.  I don’t know of another person who has devoted so much of their time towards studying the game, gathering data, implementing tests, and developing scientifically proven facts we know of today.  He really is an incredible guy, check out some of the links, videos, etc. I’ve included here you will soon find out what I’m talking about.
I don’t know about you, but there is something reassuring about know when you step over the golf ball that the information you have been given is not hear say, or someone’s version of what Tiger does, it is actually scientifically proven.  It adds a certain comfort level that many golf teachers of the past could not provide. 
I highly recommend you check out any of his books.  I read “Dave Pelz’s Putting Bible: A Complete guide to Mastering the Greens” a while back.  It was inspirational.  My putting improved as I read through and will likely continue to get better as I practice the many drills he outlines.  Shortly, there after that I began to read “Dave Pelz’s Short Game Bible: Master the Finesse Swing and Lower your Scores”.  Honestly, I didn’t find this book helped nearly as much, but it is likely because I overloaded myself with information in too short of time.  NOTE:  THIS IS AN EXCELLENT LESSON FOR ALL.  DO NOT TAKE TOO MUCH IN.  LEARN A FEW NEW THINGS AT A TIME. PRACTICE THEM AND MOVE ON.  There is one concept in this book that is like no other.  Check it out!
All in all, Mr. Pelz has five books I am aware of on the market.  The newest of which came out in November 2010, “Dave Pelz’s without Fear:  How to Play the 10 Most Feared Shots in Golf”.  If it is like his other publications it should be a gem. 
Finally, you can check out some of his teaching aids, books, or training schools at http://www.pelzgolf.com/  
As I continue this blog, I’m sure you will begin to see some of Dave Pelz’s ideas come out in my own philosophies. 
Cheers,

RP







No comments:

Post a Comment