Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Course Management: 7 out of 10 Rule

Course management is absolutely my favorite topic when it comes to improving ones handicap.  Possibly, because I used to be brutal at it, and once I grasped a few key concepts I started to lower my scores just through smart play.  It doesn't take practice, but just knowledge and logical thinking.

In my mind the main idea behind course management is to eliminate the big numbers by playing the odds with shot selection.  The video I have attached below demonstrates this concept quite well.


The key to the 7 out of 10 rule any many of the concepts behind course management is to know your strengths and weaknesses.  Obviously, not everyone can hit a draw like the guy i the video above. Later this week or at least in my next post, I will talk about understanding the strengths and weakness of your golf game. 

Cheers,

RP

No comments:

Post a Comment